Another Friday favorite is here.
- Spoiler alert: this is an election year. And in case you don’t already know, it’s been a crazy election year so far. I discovered this podcast from a friend, a history teacher to be exact, and Andy and I have been listening to it (not together though, we save that time for Bachelor in Paradise!). I’m not a history person. In fact, I don’t think I retained anything from my history class days. I can basically only tell you the first three presidents and the last three that we’ve had. I’ll admit, that’s pretty sad. I have though been loving this podcast though. The focus is to take you through each presidency to explore the character and legacy of each of the American presidents. A new episode is released every Sunday. For someone like me, this is a great 40 minute look at each president and I have found each episode just as intriguing as the last. I just finished the episode on the Van Burn presidency. Here’s an article by the Washington Post that sums up why Van Buren is so interesting today as we experience the 2016 presidential race.
- This t-shirt. I purchased this t-shirt during the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. My only regret, not buying another color. It’s so comfortable and washes really, really well. I’m in love.
- Another purchase I recently made was this fabric. I’m going to use it to make a pillow for P’s new bed. I’ll post an update to that situation soon (spoiler: L and P are sharing rooms now!).
- My sister and I just had a debate recently over our favorite pens. Yes, you read that correctly. It was a debate. My favorite are these, hers are these.
- Have you ever had a falafel? Ever even heard of it? It’s a western culture vegetarian dish and I had my first one during a study abroad trip to Paris. Ignore everything about the photo below besides the actual falafel. Well I stumbled upon a recipe that I can’t wait to try.
So there it is, a round up of my favorites. What is everyone up to this weekend? I’m coming off of shooting two weddings and have been knee-deep in editing photos every night so besides that and a garage sale I’m having with my MIL, this weekend will be pretty low-key for me.