This ornament originates from the randomness I stumbled upon at goodwill and Michaels. First one comes from Goodwill. I found these silver words for $0.50 each.
They were a little beat up with scratches everywhere but I had the perfect solution. It involves sparkes. I warned you that this year’s ornaments involve a ton of sparkes. I took some mod podge and Martha Stewart glitter and hung them to dry.
I don’t have many pictures of this process as my battery on my camera died in the middle of the mod podge/glitter application. But here is the finished product.
Ok now for the second randomness. I spotted this little guy while waiting in the checkout line of Michaels. He was only $1 and too cute to pass up.
I wasn’t quite sure what I was going to do with this little guy until I took him hold and admired him some more. I decided to make him an ornament. I simply took a safety pin and made a hole in his top hat.
I then used it to stuff some ribbon in. It was a snug fit that I didn’t need to glue it in or tie it down. Worked like a charm.
Here’s a recap.